Thursday, May 30, 2013

Rotten Bananas?

 
It's true my friends, there is no such thing as a rotten banana. Which is fabulous because I had a ton of bananas from my last shopping trip (5 lbs to be exact) and these little beauties have just been "tanning" away in my kitchen for the last few days and today was the day we turned them into something delicious.
 ( Or "De-dish-yus" as my two year old would say.)
 
I've gone through a few different banana bread recipes in my day and have been tweaking them, I will continue to do so but today I would like to share with you a healthy/healthier recipe with you.
 
Here is what you will need for
 

3-4 brown or black bananas
1/2 cup applesauce (insider tip: the little individual applesause pack that you buy for your kiddos are exactly 1/2 cup!)
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon


1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9x5 baking pan
2. In a mixing bowl, combine applesauce and sugars.
3.Add in eggs and then bananas and vanilla
4. Combine the rest of the dry ingredients and add them into the mixture
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes ( check with a toothpick )
6. enjoy the tasty aroma filling your house!
7. Let it cool and enjoy!

 
I wanna know!
What other things do you like to make with "rotten" bananas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment